This policy of Solera Holdings, Inc.(referred to as “Solera”, “we”, “us” or “our”) explains our policy concerning the collection and processing of personal data, and tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you. This policy will also inform you about how we look after your personal data provided through the Solera.com website and our career portals.
- Job applicants from the European Union should review the EMEA Candidate Notice.
- Job applicants from the State of California should review the California Privacy Notice for Solera Workers.
Solera Holdings, Inc. is part of an international group of companies providing services. Solera respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
Our websites and services are not intended for use by minors under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
You can click through to the specific areas set out below.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
- THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- OUR ACTIONS OVER THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS
- DATA SECURITY
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- RIGHTS REQUESTS
- Privacy Notice about Use of this Website, www.solera.com
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
Solera Holdings, Inc.
Attn: Data Privacy Champion
1301 Solana Blvd, Bldg. 2, Suite 2100
Westlake, TX 76262
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Toll-free phone: 1 (855) 839-8020
Our Data Privacy Champion has been appointed to ensure that personal data is processed according to law and this notice. In many jurisdictions, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to a supervisory authority for data protection issues. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns, so please contact us first.
Solera acts both as a controller and processor of personal data. For questions relevant to the EU, contact our data privacy champion, Marco Iriarte, at the address above. You may have a right to make a complaint to regulatory agencies about collection and use of personal data, but we would appreciate your contacting us first.
THIRD-PARTY LINKS. Some of our websites and services may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for how they process personal data. We encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed, such as de-identified or anonymous data. We follow the law in each applicable jurisdiction in determining what constitutes personal data.
We may collect, use, store, and transfer different kinds of data which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identification Data such as a name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Financial Data such as bank account, credit card and debit card numbers, and other financial information.
- Commercial Transaction Information such as records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Vehicle Data such as vehicle registration and licensure, vehicle identification number, vehicle pictures, damage info and repair and maintenance records.
- Biometric Data such as fingerprints, pictures of people, and physical characteristics.
- Technical Data such as internet protocol address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting, data on devices used to access a website, service or application, browsing history, search history, and information regarding interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Usage Data such as how you use our website or service.
- Geolocation Data such as latitude and longitude for your location.
- Sensing Information such as audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar info.
- Employment Information such as information about employment or a profession.
- Education Data such as information about education.
- Inference Data such as information drawn from other information reflecting preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behaviour, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
- Medical Data such as information on medical conditions and treatment.
- Marketing and Communications Data such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use, and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as it does not directly or indirectly identify you. For example, we may aggregate Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We collect Special Categories of Personal Data about you, such as race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, criminal convictions and offences only where required to provide services to you or our customers.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA. Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. HOW IS DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, or otherwise. This includes data you provide when you:
- apply for, inquire about, or purchase our products or services;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our websites, we may automatically collect Technical, and Usage Data among others about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We may collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical and Usage Data among others about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
- Customers who use our tools and services may provide us personal data for use in those services.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from third parties and public sources.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA. We use personal data when necessary to perform contracts, provide you services and to comply with our legal obligations or form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services, and offers may be relevant for you.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing. We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside the Solera group of companies for marketing purposes.
We may provide additional notices to you of the purpose of and basis for collecting the data. In general, we collect information for purposes and on the basis shown below:
|Purpose of Collection||Lawful basis for processing|
|To provide services to you or your employer||Performance of a contract
Our legitimate business interests
|To manage payments and recover money owed to us||Performance of a contract
Our legitimate business interests
|To display interactive content||Performance of a service or contract|
|To provide customer service||Performance of a service or contract
Our legitimate business interests (recording service provided)
Comply with legal obligations
|To enable you to participate in competitions and other marketing activity||Performance of a contract
Our legitimate business interests (improve our services and analytics)
Comply with legal obligations
|Administer and protect our business||Our legitimate business interests
Comply with legal obligations
|Data analytics||Our legitimate business interests (to improve our products and services)|
|To make recommendations to you about goods and services that may be of interest||Our legitimate business interests (to develop our products and services and grow our business)|
|To provide promotional offers||To fulfil your requests|
- Legitimate business interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you and the market place the best service and products and the best and most secure experience. We make sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
- Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you or your employer are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Comply with a legal obligation means processing your data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
OPTING OUT. You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not affect our processing of your personal data for other non-marketing purposes such as providing a product or service to you, warranty registration, the product or service experience, or other transactions.
COOKIES. You can make choices about what cookies collect information on our websites. You may be able to set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies. If you disable or refuse certain cookies, some parts of the website may become inaccessible or not function properly.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE. We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with:
- Other companies in the Solera group of companies who are involved in providing the service or product or provide IT and system administration services and undertake information reporting.
- Our customers who are providing services to you.
- Our service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Our professional advisers such as our lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers.
- Government agencies that require reporting of processing, financial, or transaction activities, but only as required by law.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. OUR ACTIONS OVER THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS
The following table provides additional information on the personal information collected in the last twelve months:
|Categories of Personal Information collected||Categories of Sources of such Personal Information||Purpose for which the Personal Information was collected||Categories of third parties with whom the Personal Information is shared|
|Commercial Transaction Data||
|Marketing and Communications Data||
7. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered, or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
8. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request disclosure of what personal information the business collects, uses, discloses, or sells.
- Request deletion of personal information collected or maintained by us. You must make this type of request through the webform at https://www.solera.com/. We will ask you to verify that you have requested deletion of all or certain personal information.
- Non-discrimination. Your exercise of privacy rights conferred under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) will not result in discriminatory treatment.
- Use an authorized agent. California law allows you to use an authorized agent to make a request under CCPA on your behalf. You must provide us with written documentation that the agent is authorized to act on your behalf or a power of attorney. We may also contact you directly to verify your identity.
NOTICE TO CA RESIDENTS: Where we receive valuable consideration for the provision of personal data to third parties, we do so as a service provider for a third party. We do not sell information that identifies a person to other businesses. We have not sold personal information within the last twelve months.
Nevada residents have the right to opt out of the sale of their personally identifiable information. While we do not intend to sell personal information, Nevada customers have the legal right to opt out even if their information is not currently being sold. Use the webform at https://www.solera.com/ to make a request.
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully, or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data, but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
DATA RETENTION: How Long Will You Use My Personal Data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available in our retention policy which you can request from us by contacting us. More specifically, and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, by law we have to keep basic information about our customers for at least 5 years after they cease being customers for tax, financial auditing, and record keeping purposes.
We may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
NOTICE RE: INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS: Personal Data may be transferred from the EU and Switzerland to the United States, Mexico, and India for processing.
9. RIGHTS REQUESTS
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. If your request provides an email address, or our records contain your email address, we may ask you to verify your identity through such address. Where additional information is required, we try to ask only information that can be corroborated through our records. We may also ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within forty-five days (or thirty days for residents in the EU). Occasionally it may take us longer. If so, we will notify you and keep you updated. If we deny your request, we will explain the basis for such denial. We will keep a record of rights requests and responses for at least twenty-four months in a log that will not be used for any purpose other than for record-keeping and analytics.
10. Privacy Notice about Use of this Website, www.solera.com
This notice provides additional information about how we collect and process personal data through your use of the www.solera.com website. This website collects personal information from interaction with visitors to the website through direct interaction with the user and devices that access the website. We collect the information to provide information requested by the user and to improve our products and services. We share the personal information with our vendors who assist us in providing the website and service requested by the user and other companies in the Solera group of companies.
This website collects the following types of personal information for the purpose shown below:
|Categories of Personal Information collected||Purpose for which the Personal Information will be used|
|Marketing and Communications Data||
- Identification Data includes data such as a name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Technical Data includes data such as internet protocol address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting, data on devices used to access this site, browsing history, search history, and information regarding interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Usage Data includes data such as how you use our website or service.
- Geolocation Data includes data such as latitude and longitude for your location.
- Inference Data includes data such as information drawn from other information reflecting preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes data such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences].
Aggregated Data, such as statistical or demographic data, may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as it does not directly or indirectly identify you.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Where we need to collect personal data to provide the requested service and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to provide the requested service. We will make it clear where information is required.